Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nice shopping trip yesterday

I had to go to Walmart, yuck, as much as I hate going to that store, I have not been there in at least 3 weeks and wanted to try some coupons out. I took my 2 $2 South Beach pizza coupons, and my 2 $2 South B. drink mix cpns, 2 of the pizzas had a tag of $2 and two had a tag of $2.72, so I grab the $2 ones, had to go to cust. service to get the $1.44 back as they did ring up $2.72, but since the shelf tag said $2, etc. etc. But got the two boxes of drink mixes for FREE, w/out the hassle. I was told to check Rite Aid for John Frieda coupons, the coupon is for $3 off of ANY 2 products or $1 off of 1, you decide when you redeem the cpn, which you want to use, so I found them, took some, and headed to Walmart. I was told the trial size mousse was only .97, so 2 of those would be $1.94, and use the $3 on 2 cpn to get $1.06 overage on your other groceries. They had 8 left, so I took 8 of them, 4 coupons, my other stuff, and headed to the register where the cashier had no problem taking the coupon and taking the whole $3 off, so I ended up with over $4 of overage on my other stuff. Excellent! Then we tried Subway on our way out to see if they would accept our email that said we won a free bag of chips, and they accepted the cpn, so two free bags of chips on our way out (lots of people said their subway refused to take them even though it was a legitimate win, so I wasn't getting my hopes up for chips - I also won two FREE movie tickets by playing the online game) :)

Then to CVS where to my surprise our ad was nothing at all like the ad I looked at online last week. I knew this was possible and last time it happened the ads were not "that" different, but this time, it was horrible. So I was going to roll over an expired $6.99 ecb into the revlon deal but that deal was not in our area, I really hope it will be next week then, sometimes I have seen that happen. So I decided to go ahead and use the ecb anyway because I needed garbage bags and while they are on sale at Walgreens, which I will get later this week (the deal is 2 boxes of garbage bags for $4.99 and you get a $4.99 easy saver rebate back at the end of the month) not bad, free garbage bags. So I got 2 boxes of garbage bags, a hershey bar, a cvs facewipes, two pepsi 20 oz., and ziploc bags. My total came to $7.57 and I used my $6.99 extra care buck and paid the .58 cent difference in cash, got the $1 ecb back for the facewipes and was supposed to get one for buying 2 20 oz. pepsi's, but will call the cvs ppl and ask about it.

I cannot wait to get to Walgreens later this week, now there is a cpn to use on Thur. $5 off of $20 which will work perfectly! The Olay body wash ends up being 6 for $1.00!!!! very exciting! And when you buy 4 axe products you get 2 free movie tickets, the trial size products work, so for $6.20 I will get 4 axe products and 2 free movie tickets! It is a date! And then the Ritz crackers are very cheap, oh and while I'm thinking of it: This months issue, August of the All You magazine only sold at Walmart - ick - is HUGE for great coupons, take a look through first, or just buy one already and look through it then see how much money your going to save and go buy a few more. It is definitely a month to buy 5 or 6 copies, for me anyway.

Happy cheap shopping to ya!

No comments: